September 3, 2008

Hot Water


It is time for the debut of the latest trend. This is an easy one and I have good feeling that this one will really take off. Here it is: drinking hot water. Simple. Go to a restaurant and order a steaming mug of hot water. Nothing is as refreshing as a glass of ice water on a hot summer's day. So why the snub of hot water on a cold winter's morn?

But let's take it a step further. I dare you to order regardless of the weather outside. I want for you to order hot water because you LIKE it. You like water, right? There is no escaping the fact 70% of the planet is covered by this beverage, so we might as well take full advantage of it. It is time to revolutionize our water drinking habits.

Here are the benefits of drinking hot water and why this trend should take the world by storm:
1) It is free (don't ever let anyone charge you for your mug of hot water)
2) There is no healthier beverage
3) It is eco-friendly (as long the water comes from the tap rather than a plastic bottle)
4) The heat might kill some bacteria

So I urge you to help get this trend started. Be the first on your block to order a hot water with your next steak dinner. Whenever you have friends over, slip it into the drink options. "Would you like something to drink? We have tea, lemonade, hot water, and Coke." Everyone will admire your brilliance, though they probably won't say this to your face out of jealousy. But you can be sure that the next time they eat with friends, they will most likely order a cup of hot water in order to obtain the same level of admiration that you received when you were first seen consuming hot water. This is how trends begin.

SIGN THIS TREND HAS CAUGHT ON: Hot water is offered on all flights in the United States.
HAS THIS TREND CAUGHT ON YET? No

3 comments:

Billy Budapest said...

I plan on doing this the next time I'm in an eatery and have a large, attentive audience during the drink orders. And you have my word that I'll drink the entire mug/glass before it cools to room temperature.

I'll try my darndest to have it written on the bill for photographic purposes.

Anonymous said...

I gave it a shot. I think it will be more of an acquired taste, but it is a small price to pay for popularity.

Anonymous said...

I remember when you attempted this in college. I still talk about this!